Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Google Chrome hates webfonts

In my limited experiments, Google Chrome appears to have some trouble rendering webfonts. In fact, I gave up on using webfonts for this blog, because Chrome would hide most of the text. I only used a webfont for the blog title, and even that would get truncated when using more complex webfonts.

All the other usual suspects had no trouble rendering webfonts.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Waiting for the DNS records to update

I think this will take whole week, as I had the www alias pointing to @ with a ttl of 1 week. Luckily, anmarmansur.com now forwards to blog.anmarmansur.com as it should, and the latter works since it's a new alias anyway.

I love what the folks at Google/Blogger have done here with allowing more room for customization than any free alternative.